Questions? We have answers
- Items outside the QBCC standards & tolerances.
- Defects ie damage, operational.
- Safety Hazards i.e. exposed electrical cables
We’ll document and photograph defects and explain What it is, Where it is, Why it’s a concern & What the recommended trade and/or contractor is to rectify.
Not necessarily, we can contact you on completion of the property.
Building a new home the following stages are recommended to ensure a quality built home.
- Handover (practical completion stage)
- Slab Pre Pour
- Pre Linings (prior to plasterboard installation)
- Enclosed/Lockup (brickwork & cladding completed)
- Fixings Completed (cabinetry, doors, skirtings, tiling completed)
- 6 or 12 Month Maintenance Periods.
No, unlicenced employees can work under a company licence.
All Firth Co Constructions inspectors are licenced builders & licenced inspectors
Yes we’re insured with Professional Indemnity insurance to $1,000,000 and Public Liability insurance to $5,000,000
Yes we’re completely independent of all builders.
It’s our credibility on the line
Yes of course. We recommend saving any questions you may have until the end so we can focus on completing your inspection to the highest standard
The following details will be documented in your report:
- Property address
- Inspection type
- House type
- Any Access issues
- Safety hazards
- Terms & Limitations
- Moisture meters
- Thermal imaging cameras
The QBCC defines Practical Completion when, A home reaches practical completion or is ready for handover when all the building work has been done and you are able to move in, i.e it is reasonably suitable for habitation. Some minor defects and minor omissions are acceptable.
- Exterior roof from a ladder
- Interior roof void from the access hole
- Sub floor (i.e. pole homes)
- Interior / Exterior
- Other structures on site ie Garages, Carports, Sheds
- The site itself i.e. drainage, fencing & retaining
It depends on the property, generally we allow 1 hour per 100m2. We try to work to a standard and not a clock when inspecting.